Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course
IMPROVE YOUR TREASURY MANAGEMENT SKILLS NOW
- In the Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course, you will learn the role of treasury in the management of a company’s assets, the regulatory and legal environment, the functions and services of banks and financial service institutions, payment systems, money markets, capital markets, and vendor management and selection.
- Receive training from a management professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Three-day class $1999.00. Available Discounts.
- Public Class and Webinar Schedule is in the right column
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Description
Please note: This course explains the role of the treasury manager in an organization and the treasury environment. If you plan to take the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) © credential exam it will be worth your time, but if you are a working professional looking to improve your job skills, the Working Capital Management Course would serve you better.
The terms treasury management and cash management are often used synonymously but are actually quite different. Treasury management covers all aspects involved in managing an entity’s financial assets (the treasury), while cash management is a subset of treasury management that focuses primarily on the day-to-day management of the entity’s cash flow and liquidity. Cash management typically includes collections, disbursements, banking, and short-term borrowing and investment. Treasury management is the broader topic that goes beyond simple cash management to deal with longer-term borrowing and investing, capital management, and operational, financial, and reputational risk. The ultimate objective of both treasury management and cash management is to maximize the enterprise’s liquidity while minimizing cost and risk within the overall framework of the firm’s strategic plan.
In this class the student is introduced to the role of the treasury professional and the environment he/she must work in.
This course is part of the Certified Treasury Professional © training.
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course CPE Credits Disclosure
Recommended CPE credit: 24
Recommended field of study: Accounting
Program level: Advanced.
Advance preparation: None
Additional disclosure information
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Outline
Section 1: Introduction to Treasury Management
Module 1: The Role of Treasury Management
The Role and Organization of Treasury Management Finance and Treasury Organization
Section 2: The Treasury Environment
Module One: Regulatory and Legal Environment
General Regulatory Environment
Primary Regulators and Standard Setters
of Global Financial
U.S. Legal and Regulatory Environment
Module Two: Banks and Financial Institutions
Financial Institutions: Functions
Module Three: Payment Systems
Payment Systems Overview
Small-Value Transfer or Automated
ClearingHouse Systems (ACH)
Card Based Payment Systems
Module Four: Money Markets
Global Money Markets
Short-Term Money Markets
in the United States
Module Five: Capital Markets
Overview of Capital Markets
Debt Market A. Medium- and Long-Term Borrowing
Equity (Stock) Securities
Module Six: Management and Vendor Selection
Vendor Selection Process
Bank Compensation Practices
Assessing Service Provider Risk
From Webster, Essential of Treasury Management, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2013 by the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP).
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., July 15 – 17, 2020
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., August 12 – 14, 2020 Full
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., September 9 – 11, 2020
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., October 14 – 16, 2020
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., November 11 – 13, 2020
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., December 9 – 11, 2020
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering another Person
If you want to register for another person, click on the registration link and enter your information in the Billing Information section, uncheck the Student Information same as Billing Information box at the bottom of the form, then enter your student information. If you experience any difficulty with online checkout, please call customer service 24/7 at 888-632-2093.
Registering by Purchase Order
If you need to register using a purchase order, email a copy to email@example.com (be sure to list class name, class date, student name, student address, student phone number, and student email address).
To Register by Phone
To pay by credit or debit card using customer service 24/7 call 888-632-2093 .