Technical Writing Course
April 2, 2020
The governor of Ohio announced yesterday his stay at home order will not be lifted April 4th but will remain in effect indefinitely.
All public classes will be held online in our virtual classroom to protect the health of our students, faculty, and staff until the stay at home order is lifted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Students scheduled for a public class will receive login instructions from their instructor.
All of our classes will remain available online until the Coronavirus threat subsides. Through the virtual classroom, you can take any of our courses from the safety of your home, office, or anywhere you have internet access.
A virtual classroom is an online event, and through your computer, you can hear the presentation (like a conference call) and see what the instructor is showing the class. You will be able to see the instructor, ask questions, and join in on discussions just like you would if attending in person.
Learn Technical Writing Online or In-Person
- In the Technical Writing Course, you will learn how to prepare documents that communicate technical or specialized topics in a relevant, useful, and accurate manner to one or more targeted audiences, simplifying the complex as needed, to enable the organization to explain internal procedures, design and produce products, implement processes, sell products and services to other businesses, or define policies.
- Learn from a professional with 30+ years business experience.
- Different versions available to meet your specific needs.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: One Day class $649.00. Available Discounts.
- Public class and webinar schedule is in the right column.
Technical Writing Course Description
The class provides an introduction to the principles of audience analysis, research and documentation, drafting and revision processes, and readability of written texts.
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
Technical Writing Course Outline
Module One: Preparation
Establish your purpose
Identify your audience or readers
Consider the context
Determine your scope of coverage
Select the medium
Module Two: Research
Brainstorm to determine what you already know
Take notes (note-taking)
Interview for information
Create and use questionnaires
Module Three: Organization
Choose the best methods of development
Outline your notes and ideas
Develop and integrate visuals
Consider layout and design
- logic errors
- positive writing
Check for ethics in writing
- biased language
Check for appropriate word choice
- abstract / concrete words
- affectation, jargon, and plain language
- connotation / denotation
- defining terms
Eliminate problems with grammar
Module Four: Writing a Draft
Select an appropriate point of view
Adopt an appropriate style and tone
Use effective sentence construction
Construct effective paragraphs
Use quotations and paraphrasing
Write an introduction
Write a conclusion
Choose a title
Module Five: Revision
Check for unity and coherence conciseness
Check for sentence variety
- parallel structure
Check for clarity
Review mechanics and punctuation
What Technical Writing Course Students Are Saying...
The instructor asked challenging questions and checked with me frequently to see if I understood the lesson.
Technical Writing Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Monday, May 18. 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering another Person
If you want to register for another person, click on the registration link and enter your information in the Billing Information section, uncheck the Student Information same as Billing Information box at the bottom of the form, then enter your student information. If you experience any difficulty with online checkout, please call customer service 24/7 at 888-632-2093.
Registering by Purchase Order
If you need to register using a purchase order, email a copy to email@example.com (be sure to list class name, class date, student name, student address, student phone number, and student email address).
To Register by Phone
To pay by credit or debit card using customer service 24/7 call 888-632-2093 .