SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION TRAINING COURSE
SIX SIGMA CERTIFICATION ONLINE
- Learn industry-recommended six sigma procedures and best practices.
- Receive training from a management professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Three-day class $2669.00.
- Available discounts and grants.
Six Sigma Certification Training Course Description
In the Six Sigma (6σ) Certification Training Course, you will learn this management ideology that provides organizations with techniques and tools for process improvement to increase performance and decrease process variation to reduce defects and improve profits, employee morale, and quality products or services. The Six Sigma ideology believes all business processes can be measured and optimized and is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects.
You will learn the Six Sigma steps for process improvement, also referred to as DMAIC:
- Define the problem. Create a problem statement, goal statement, project statement, customer requirement, and process map.
- Measure the current process. Collect data on current performance and issues. Verify the data is reliable, and update the project statement as needed.
- Analyze the cause of issues. Examine the process and data collected, display the data, investigate and confirm what’s causing the issues, and continue updating the project statement as needed.
- Improve the process. Decide on solutions to fix issues and create process maps for those new solutions. Take steps to implement the new fixes and continue to measure improvement.
- Control. Refine the new process, continue monitoring, and use findings elsewhere in the business, if possible.
You will learn a manufacturing process’s maturity can be described by a sigma rating indicating the percentage of defect-free products it creates. The method uses a data-driven review to limit mistakes or defects in a corporate or business process. Six Sigma emphasizes cycle-time improvement while at the same time reducing manufacturing defects to a level of no more than 3.4 occurrences per million units or events. In other words, the system is a method to work faster with fewer mistakes.
Six Sigma has evolved into a more general business-management philosophy in recent years, focused on meeting customer requirements, improving customer retention, and improving and sustaining business products and services. Six Sigma applies to all industries.
Six Sigma has taken the corporate world by storm and represents the thrust of numerous efforts in manufacturing and service organizations to improve products, services, and processes. Although Six Sigma brings a new direction to quality and productivity improvement, its underlying tools and philosophy are grounded in the fundamental principles of total quality and continuous improvement that have been used for many decades. Nevertheless, Six Sigma has renewed interest in quality and improvement and has kept alive the principles of total quality developed in the latter part of the 20th Century.
This four-day class shows students the essence and basics of Six Sigma and how Six Sigma has brought a renewed interest in the principles of total quality to cutting-edge businesses.