Learn the role of treasury in the management of a company’s assets, the regulatory and legal environment, the functions and services of banks and financial service institutions, payment systems, money markets, capital markets, and vendor management and selection.
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course
- Receive training from a management professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Three-day class $1,999.00.
- Available discounts and grants.
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Description
Please note: If your goal is to improve your treasury management skills but you are not interested in taking the Certified Treasury Professional© exam, we recommend you skip this course and take the Working Capital Management Course instead.
The terms treasury management and cash management are often used synonymously but are actually quite different. Treasury management covers all aspects involved in managing an entity’s financial assets (the treasury), while cash management is a subset of treasury management that focuses primarily on the day-to-day management of the entity’s cash flow and liquidity. Cash management typically includes collections, disbursements, banking, and short-term borrowing and investment. Treasury management is the broader topic that goes beyond simple cash management to deal with longer-term borrowing and investing, capital management, and operational, financial, and reputational risk. The ultimate objective of both treasury management and cash management is to maximize the enterprise’s liquidity while minimizing cost and risk within the overall framework of the firm’s strategic plan.
In this class the student is introduced to the role of the treasury professional and the environment he/she must work in.
This course is part of the Certified Treasury Professional © training.
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Outline
Section 1: Introduction to Treasury Management
Module 1: The Role of Treasury Management
- The Role and Organization of Treasury Management
- Finance and Treasury Organization
- Corporate Governance
Section 2: The Treasury Environment
Module One: Regulatory and Legal Environment
- General Regulatory Environment
- Primary Regulators and Standard Sette of Global Financial Markets
- U.S. Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Bankruptcy (Insolvency)
Module Two: Banks and Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions: Functions and Services
Module Three: Payment Systems
- Payment Systems Overview
- Cash Payments
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., February 8 – 10, 2023
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., March 8 – 10. 2023 Full
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., April 5 – 7, 2023 Full
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., April 12 – 14, 2023
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., May 10 – 12, 2023
- Wed., Thurs., and Fri., June 7 – 9, 2023
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at info@academyofbusiness
Introduction to Treasury Management Training Course CPE Credits Disclosure
Recommended CPE credit: 24
Recommended field of study: Managerial Accounting
Program level: Advanced.
Advance preparation: None
Additional disclosure information