Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF COMPANY FINANCES NOW
- Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers course, students will learn about the financial information provided by accountants and how to analyze that information to make informed decisions for improved profitability.
- Receive training from a management professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Three-day class $1999.00. Available Discounts.
- Public Class and Webinar Schedule is in the right column.Managers
Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers Course Description
In the current environment of cut-throat competition, razor-thin profit margins, and increasing scrutiny from stakeholders, mastering the fundamentals of financial management is a must for everyone with a stake in their company’s and in their own professional futures. Packed with step-by-step examples and illustrative case studies, and updated to reflect the latest trends in the economy and in financial policy, this class is a nuts-and-bolts guide for managers, entrepreneurs, seasoned executives, teachers, and students alike.
Featuring new commentary on corporate accountability, updated interactive templates, study questions, , this class covers all the key aspects of financial management.
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers Course Outline
Part 1: Understanding Financial Information
Module 1: The Balance Sheet
Expenses and Expenditures
Important Accounting Concepts Affecting the Balance Sheet
Total Liabilities and Stockholders’ Equity
Additional Balance Sheet Information
Analysis of the Balance Sheet
Module 2: The Income Statement
Analysis of the Income Statement
Module 3: The Statement of Cash Flows
Sources of Funds
Uses of Funds
Statement of Cash Flows
Financial Practice Review
Analyzing the Statement of Cash Flows
Module 4: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles:
A Review and Update
The Fiscal Period
The Going Concern Concept
Historical Monetary Unit
Quantifiable Items or Transactions
Significant Accounting Issues
Module 5: The Annual Report and Other Sources of Incredibly
The Annual Report
The 10-K Report
The Proxy Statement
Other Sources of Information
The Securities and Exchange Commission
Part 2: Analysis of Financial Statements
Module 6: Key Financial Ratios
Ratios of Working Capital Management
Measures of Profitability
Financial Leverage Ratios
Module 7: Using Return on Assets to Measure Profit Centers
After-Tax Cash Flow (ATCF)
Return on Assets: Its Components
Module 8: Overhead Allocations
Problems That Arise from Cost Allocation
What about the IRS and GAAP?
Effect on Profits of Different Cost Allocation Issues
Part 3: Decision Making for Improved Profitability
Part 3: Decision Making for Improved Profitability
Module 9: Analysis of Business Profitability
Development of Fixed-Cost Estimates
Development of Variable-Cost Estimates
Module 10: Return on Investment
What Is Analyzed?
Why Are These Opportunities Analyzed So Extensively?
Discounted Cash Flow
Discounted Cash Flow Measures
Capital Expenditure Defined
The Cash Flow Forecast
Characteristics of a Quality Forecast
Establishing the ROI Target
Comprehensive Case Study
Part 4: Additional Financial Information
Module 11: Financing the Business
Some Guidance on Borrowing Money
Module 12: Business Planning and the Budget
Significant Planning Guidelines and Policies
Some Additional Issues
A Guide to Better Budgets
Preparation of the Budget
Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., September 4 – 6, 2019 Full
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., September 11 – 13, 2019
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., October 2 – 4, 2019 Full
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., November 6 – 8, 2019
Wed., Thurs., and Fri., December 4 – 6, 2019
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registering another Person
If you want to register for another person, click on the registration link and enter your information in the Billing Information section, uncheck the Student Information same as Billing Information box at the bottom of the form, then enter your student information. If you experience any difficulty with online checkout, please call customer service 24/7 at 888-632-2093.
Registering by Purchase Order
If you need to register using a purchase order, email a copy to email@example.com (be sure to list class name, class date, student name, student address, student phone number, and student email address).
To Register by Phone
To pay by credit or debit card using customer service 24/7 call 888-632-2093 .