FACILITATIVE LEADERSHIP TRAINING
- Receive training from a management professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Five-day class $2,999.00.
- Available discounts and grants.
Facilitative Leadership Training Course Description
You will learn to get results and to do it in a way that makes your organization a great place to work.
You will learn how to:
- use everyone and their time as a resource.
- give clear and consistent expectations about responsibilities and goals, and monitor progress without micromanaging.
- demonstrate concern for your subordinates, value their unique qualities, and encourage and support their growth and development.
- create a climate in which employees freely offer their creativity and expertise by asking for their input in decisions that directly affect them.
- explore alternatives thoroughly before making decisions, both in content and process, and be clear about the decision process, who is making the decision, and how others will be involved.
- lead by continually asking questions and then genuinely listening to the answers.
- encourage self–critique and improvement.
- keep group discussions and interactions focused, clear, and productive to ensure
Continued after outline
Facilitative Leadership Training Course Outline
Days One and Two: Leadership Skills
Module One: The Evolution of Leadership
Characteristics of a Leader
A Brief History of Leadership
The Great Man Theory
The Trait Theory
Module Two: Situational Leadership
Situational Leadership: Telling
Situational Leadership: Selling
Situational Leadership: Participating
Situational Leadership: Delegating
Facilitative Leadership Training Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
- Monday-Friday, May 16 – 20, 2022 Full
- Monday-Friday, June 20 – 24, 2022
- Monday-Friday, July 25 – 29, 2022
- Monday-Friday, August 29 – September 2, 2022
- Monday-Friday, September 26 – 30, 2022
- Monday-Friday, October 24 – 28, 2022
- Monday-Friday, November 29 – December 2, 2022
- Monday-Friday, December 12 – 16, 2022
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at info@academyofbusiness
Continued from above…
clarity of expectations in terms of goals, roles, and decisions to impact relationships and productivity positively. Encourage and examine differences in opinion, build agreement and solutions that capitalize on the group’s best thinking. Secure commitment and buy-in for projects and decisions.
- create a balance between getting results and how you get them.
In the Leadership modules, you will learn to organize workflow and ensure employees understand their duties or delegated tasks, monitor employee productivity, provide constructive feedback and coaching, and set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with the company’s plans and vision.
An effective leader motivates, inspires people, coaches, and builds a team to accomplish that portion of the company’s mission for which they are responsible. This class will provide you with the tools necessary to be an effective leader.
In the Meeting Management modules, you will learn to plan and prepare for a meeting, identify the meeting participants, choose the time and place, create the agenda, set up the meeting space, incorporate electronic options, identify meeting roles and responsibilities, use an agenda, chair a meeting, deal with disruptions, professionally deal with personality conflicts, take minutes, and make the most of your meeting using games, activities, and prizes.
In the Time Management modules, you will learn how to organize and plan the best way to divide their time between specific tasks and responsibilities. You will be able to work smarter, not harder, so you get more done in less time, improving efficiency and reducing stress in your employment and your family, personal, and social life.
Time management skills are essential for professional success in any workplace. Those able to successfully implement time management strategies can control their workload rather than spend each day in a frenzy of activity reacting to crisis after crisis…stress declines, and personal productivity soars! These highly effective individuals can focus on tasks with great focus.
In the Change Management modules, you will learn the processes, tools, and techniques to manage change to achieve the required business outcomes when the organization changes how work will be done, focusing on helping employees embrace, adapt, and utilize a change in their day-to-day work. Projects with excellent change management are six times more likely to meet the company’s objectives. Managing change is often the most challenging and critical component of an organizational transformation.
Employees participating in the change will make a difference. Change may require everyone to perform differently, and it is how well you prepare them for the change that will influence how they change their behaviors and processes that will make or break the innovations.
Managing change can prevent:
- declines in productivity
- the unwillingness of managers to devote the time or resources needed to support the change
- avoidance of meetings
- projects suffering due to missed deadlines, overrun budgets, and unexpected and unnecessary rework to get the effort back on track
- suppliers feeling the impact and disruption caused by the change
- customers, being negatively impacted
- employee morale suffering, stress, confusion, and fatigue
- the abandonment of the project after large investments of capital and time which can have a severe financial impact on the health and morale of the organization and the project
We know organizations are more effective and successful when they build change management into their company culture. You will learn to effectively lead your people through change by being an active sponsor of the change(s) and demonstrating their own, as well as the organization’s commitment to the change. Change management involves communication, training, managing resistance, and following a structured process to drive successful individual and organizational change.
Why do we want to employ effective change management? We need to understand organizational change happens one person at a time, poorly managing change is costly, and effective change management increases success. Successful individual change is necessary if the organizational change is to be successful. If individuals don’t make changes to their day-to-day work, an organizational transformation effort will not deliver results.
In the Critical Thinking modules, you will learn:
- the components of critical thinking
- to utilize non-linear thinking
- to use logical reasoning
- to recognize what it means to be a critical thinker
- to evaluate information using critical thinking skills
- to identify the benefits of critical thinking
- to revise perspective, when necessary
- to comprehend problem-solving abilities
Critical thinking is similar to the study of logic. Critical thinking relates to how we make decisions and use our judgment. Critical thinking is more than just thinking about thinking or metacognition. It is also about how we take action. Critical thinking involves many components, and we will address some unique elements in these modules.