Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Training
IMPROVE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN YOUR WORKPLACE NOW
- In Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Training, you will learn to facilitate workplace positive inter-group interaction, reduce prejudice and discrimination, and teach individuals who are different from others how to work together effectively.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Learn from a professional with 30+ years of business experience.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued upon completion.
- Cost: Two Day Class $1399.00. Available Discounts.
- Public Class and Webinar Schedule located in right column.
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Training Class Description
We learn to understand each individual is unique, and to recognize our individual differences. These differences can be race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies. In this class, we explore differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. It is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual.
We learn diversity is a reality created by individuals like you and groups from a broad spectrum of demographic and philosophical differences. It is extremely important to support and protect diversity because by valuing individuals and groups free from prejudice, and by fostering a climate where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic.
The student will learn:
- understanding and appreciation of the interdependence of humanity, cultures, and the natural environment.
- practicing mutual respect for qualities and experiences different from our own.
- diversity includes not only ways of being but also ways of knowing.
- to recognize personal, cultural, and institutionalized discrimination creates and sustains privileges for some while creating and sustaining disadvantages for others.
- to build alliances across differences so we can work together to eradicate all forms of discrimination.
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Training Course Outline
Module One: Understanding Diversity
What is Diversity?
Related Terms and Concepts
A Brief History
A Legal Overview EEO/AA
Module Two: Understanding Stereotypes
Stereotypes vs. Biases
Identifying Your Baggage
Understanding What This Means
Module Three: Breaking Down the Barriers
Changing Your Personal Approach
Encouraging Workplace Changes
Encouraging Social Changes
Module Four: Verbal Communication Skills
Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t the Same Thing
Communicating with Power
Module Five: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
The Signals You Send to Others
It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Six: Being Proactive
Encouraging Diversity in the Workplace
Ways to Discourage Discrimination
Module Seven: Coping with Discrimination
Identifying if You Have Been
Methods of Reprisal
Choosing a Course of Action
Module Eight: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as a Person
What To Do If You’re Involved In A Complaint
Understanding Your Role
Creating a Support System
Module Nine: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as a Manager
Recording the Complaint
Identifying Appropriate Actions
Choosing a Path
Module Ten: Dealing with Diversity Complaints as an Organization
Receiving a Complaint
Choosing a Response
Learning from the Complaint
What Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace Training Class Students Are Saying...
I would recommend this class to others because it was very informative.
I felt that everything was well covered.