Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course
Improve Your Customer Service Skills Now
- In the Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course, you will learn best practices in providing assistance, advice, and support to those people who need government services to ensure they have an easy and enjoyable experience with the agency.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Learn from a professional with 30+ years of business experience.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued upon completion.
- Cost: Two Day Class $1399.00. Available Discounts.
- Public Class and Webinar Schedule located in right column.Customer Service Training for Government Employees
Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course Description
In addition to best practices, students will also learn how to be courteous and pleasant to customers, and to effectively communicate to determine people’s concerns and answer questions in a clear, efficient manner. Customer service is an important part of the promise your agency makes to its customers and critical to the success of serving the public.
Customer service plays an important role in a government agency’s ability to deliver services to the constituents it serves and should be included as part of an overall approach to systematic improvement Customer service concerns the priority an organization assigns to the customer experience. Remember: One good customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer holds towards the agency.
It is safe to say, most government agencies you deal with fail to deliver superior customer service. No one was born knowing this skill…it is a learned trait. How can you expect to deliver the kind of customer service that wows your customers if you do not train to do so? Poor or no customer service training can have a devastating impact on the public perception of the agency. A typical dissatisfied customer will tell eight to ten people about their problem, and some will contact their elected representative. Seven of ten customers will be satisfied…if you resolve the complaint in their favor. If you resolve a complaint on the spot, 95% of customers will have a favorable view of the agency. Of those customers who are dissatisfied, 68% will be so because of an attitude of indifference by the agency or a specific individual.
This course is offered for each level of customer service:
- For policymakers, we examine how agency policies can impact customer service. In the vast majority of cases, agency policies are responsible for customer dissatisfaction. Policies that are made for what is most convenient for the agency, with little consideration on how they impact the customer relationship, can have a devastating impact on customer attitude. Poor customer service policies will also impact employee retention. Employees consistently forced to deal with irate customers will soon seek employment elsewhere.
- For managers, we discuss how to manage the customer service program with an emphasis on building a motivated customer service team.
- For the customer service representative, this two-day class examines who we are and what we do as a customer service representative. We analyze our attitude and communications skills and take a hard look at what our customers need. We learn customer service skills whether delivered in person, over the phone or electronically. Finally, we learn how to handle complaints and difficult customers.business.
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course Outline
Module One: Who We Are and What We Do
Who Are Customers?
What Is Customer Service?
Who Are Customer Service Providers?
Module Two: Establishing Your Attitude
Be In the Know
Behavior that Turns-Off Customers
What Can You Do Right Away To Improve Customer Service?
Applying What You Have Learned
Module Three: Communication Skills
Excellent Service through Effective Communication
Verbal Communication Skills
Non-verbal Communication Skills
Module Four: Identifying and Addressing Customer Needs
Understanding the Customer’s Situation
Staying Outside the Box
Meeting Basic Needs
Going the Extra Mile
Measuring Your Customer Efforts
Module Five: Generating Return Business
Recovering from a Service Breakdown
Establishing Customer Trust
Module Six: In-Person Customer Service
Dealing with At-Your-Desk Requests
The Advantages and Disadvantages of In-Person Customer Service
Module Seven: Giving Customer Service over the Phone
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Telephone Communication
Tips and Tricks
Module Eight: Providing Electronic Customer Service
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Electronic Communication
Tips and Tricks
Eliminate Electronic Ping Pong
Module Nine: Recovering Difficult Customers
Establishing Common Ground
Setting Your Limits
Managing Your Own Emotions
Module Ten: Understanding When to Escalate
Dealing with Vulgarity
Coping with Insults
Dealing with Legal and Physical Threats
What Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course Students Are Saying...
Lots of information on the little things you overlook when talking to customers.
Most in-depth training I have received.
Very educational and eye opening. I learned in-depth things I thought were not serious.
Customer Service Training for Government Employees Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
Monday and Tuesday, February 10 – 11, 2020
Monday and Tuesday, March 9 – 10, 2020 Full
Monday and Tuesday, April 13 – 14, 2020
Monday and Tuesday, May 11 – 13, 2020
Monday and Tuesday, June 8 – 9, 2020
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at email@example.com.
Registering another Person
If you want to register for another person, click on the registration link and enter your information in the Billing Information section, uncheck the Student Information same as Billing Information box at the bottom of the form, then enter your student information. If you experience any difficulty with online checkout, please call customer service 24/7 at 888-632-2093.
Registering by Purchase Order
If you need to register using a purchase order, email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to list class name, class date, student name, student address, student phone number, and student email address).
To Register by Phone
To pay by credit or debit card using customer service 24/7 call 888-632-2093 .
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.