BUSINESS WRITING COURSE
IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS NOW
- Business Writing course students will learn effective business writing skills to properly convey ideas and concepts while ensuring the logical flow of thought and clarity to communicate with internal or external audiences which can significantly contribute to a company’s success.
- Learn from a professional with 30+ years business experience.
- Different versions available to meet your specific needs.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: One Day class $649.00. Available Discounts.
- Public class and webinar schedule is in the right column.
BUSINESS WRITING COURSE DESCRIPTION
This class was created by C-level executives…not academics with no business experience…and concentrates on the essentials of effective business communication.
We begin with paragraphs and learn paragraph construction. We then move on to formatting business letters and emails.
The core of the class is learning to create effective business letters and emails that don’t waste manager’s time. We must first identify our reader’s (or customer’s) needs and expectations. We look at the three different types of emails and how to choose the appropriate one. We learn techniques for achieving clarity and precision. We conclude the module by looking at letters and emails with specific goals: the sales email, the proposal, the executive summary, getting meetings, saying no gracefully, and getting people to respond to your emails.
The class concludes with techniques for editing and proofreading the final version.
Each Student Receives:
- A student manual or textbook for use during and after the class.
- Instruction from an experienced business professional (minimum of 30 years) with at least five years in a corporate senior management position (CEO, President, COO, Vice President, CFO).
- Real life exercises to support training materials.
- Individual attention (classes are limited to four students).
- Personalized Certificate of Completion.
BUSINESS WRITING COURSE OUTLINE
Module One: Constructing Paragraphs
The Basic Parts
Active and Passive Voice
Writing Effective Topic Sentences
Communicate What Your Reader Needs to Know
How to Use Linking Words and Phrases in Sentences and Paragraphs
Module Two: Business Letter Format
The Basic Structure
Types of Letters
Module Three: Business Email Format
The Basic Structure
The Importance of Subject Lines
Proper Use of Bullet Points
Powerful Openings and Closings
Module Four: Creating Effective Business Letters and Emails
Identifying Your Reader’s Needs and Expectations
3 Different Types of Emails
Writing Effective Emails
Techniques for Achieving Clarity and Precision in Business Writing
How to Write a Sales Email
How to Write a Proposal Email
How to Write an Executive Summary
How to Get Meetings and Say No Gracefully
How to Get People to Respond to Your Emails
Module Five: Proofreading
Techniques for Editing and Proofreading the Final Version
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
WHAT BUSINESS WRITING COURSE STUDENTS ARE SAYING...
Enjoyed it! Like to put into action what I am learning.
The class was really informative and spot on.
Realized the little things that make a big difference.
BUSINESS WRITING COURSE PUBLIC CLASS AND WEBINAR SCHEDULE
Friday, August 2, 2019
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Friday, November 1, 2019
Monday, December 9, 2019
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability) for only a 20% premium! Contact customer service to check date availability at email@example.com.
Registering another Person
If you want to register for another person, click on the registration link and enter your information in the Billing Information section, uncheck the Student Information same as Billing Information box at the bottom of the form, then enter your student information. If you experience any difficulty with online checkout, please call customer service 24/7 at 888-632-2093.
Registering by Purchase Order
If you need to register using a purchase order, email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to list class name, class date, student name, student address, student phone number, and student email address).
To Register by Phone
To pay by credit or debit card using customer service 24/7 call 888-632-2093 .