Basic Bookkeeping Classes
LEARN BASIC BOOKKEEPING NOW
- Bookkeeping course students will learn how to record a company’s financial transactions. Bookkeeping allows companies to track all information on its books to make key operating, investing, and financing decisions.
- Learn from a professional with 30+ years business experience.
- Different versions available to meet your specific needs.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: One Day class $649.00. Available Discounts.
- Public class and webinar schedule is in the right column.
Bookkeeping Course Class Description
Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and, of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers.
Proper bookkeeping gives companies a reliable measure of their performance. It also provides information on general strategic decisions and a benchmark for its revenue and income goals. In short, once a business is up and running, spending extra time and money on maintaining proper records is critical.
Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions. Transactions include sales, purchases, income, receipts, and payments by an individual or organization. Bookkeeping is usually performed by a bookkeeper. Many individuals mistakenly consider bookkeeping and accounting to be the same thing. This confusion is understandable because the accounting process includes the bookkeeping function, but bookkeeping is just one part of the accounting process. Most small business owners do their own bookkeeping reducing the charges they incur from their accountant. The accountant creates reports from the recorded financial transactions provided by the bookkeeper and files forms with government agencies.
Have lots of sharp pencils on hand and be prepared to do some serious bookkeeping because we will be doing a month’s worth of books for our imaginary company. The Basic Bookkeeping Class and some practice will provide you with the skills necessary to do the books for a small company.
Overwhelmed and don’t know where to start?
If you are experiencing problems with any of the following, we can help:
- unprecedented growth
- supply chain issues
- cash management issues
- introduction of new technologies
- development of a company mission statement or S&OP
- poor customer service
- poor internal training development
- declining or stagnant sales
- high employee turn-over
- no accountability for managers
Our account managers can work with you to improve the performance of your workforce in two ways:
- Our account managers can help you put together a comprehensive employee training program proven to be one of the best returns on investment there is.
- A business consultant to provide expert advice in a particular area such as management and leadership, accountancy, human resources, customer service, finance, or supply chain management.
Bookkeeping Course Outline
Module One: Basic Terminology
Module Two: Accounting Methods
Module Three: Keeping Track of the Business
The General Ledger
Module Four: Understanding the Balance Sheet
The Accounting Equation
Types of Assets
Types of Liabilities
Module Five: Other Financial Statements
Income or Profit and Loss Statement
Cash Flow Statement
Budget vs. Actual
Module Six: Payroll Accounting and Terminology
Employee Tax Withholding’s
Employer Tax Expenses
Tracking Accrued Leave
Government Payroll Returns/Reports
Module Seven: End of Period Procedures
Depreciating Your Assets
Working with the Trial Balance
Posting Adjustments and Corrections
What Bookkeeping Course Students Are Saying...
Covers a lot of material
The instructor had lots of exercises which put the information into application. The instructor was very patient and willing to answer any questions or concerns. C. H.
The class was very helpful.
B. J. K.
Fort Thomas, KY
Enjoyed materials and felt they were thorough. The instructor did an awesome job!
B. B. S.
Bookkeeping Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Friday, November 1, 2019
Monday, December 9, 2019
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at email@example.com.