Learn industry best practices for collecting and processing invoices and making payments to vendors, customers, and other third-party companies in the two-day Accounts Payable Training Course.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TRAINING COURSE
- Learn industry recommended accounts payable procedures and best practices.
- Receive training from an accounts payable professional with 30+ years of experience.
- Four ways to learn: public class, webinar, self-study, or on-site training.
- Public class and webinar limited to four students for maximum learning.
- Certificate issued on completion.
- Cost: Two-day class $1,399.00
- Available discounts and grants.
What will I learn in the Accounts Payable Training Course?
In Module One, you will be introduced to the management of Accounts Payable (AP). We start by taking a look at the role Accounts Payable plays in a company’s overall financial strategy. We then review the different payment systems available to Accounts Payable, and discuss the role of best practices. The Policies and Procedures Manual (PPM), the core AP document, and the controls that need to be in place to protect this valuable asset of the company are examined in depth.
In Module Two you will learn about the Master Vendor File, a critical part of the internal controls needed to prevent payment fraud.
In Module Three you will learn about AP processes to include payroll, invoices, and bank reconciliation.
In Module Four we discuss payments, including payment strategy, vendors, independent contractors, utilities, scholarships and fellowships, IRS Forms 1099 and 1096, IRS Notice CP–2100A/B, backup withholding, duplicate payments, and payment portals.
In Module Five you will learn about payment methods for cash, checks, remotely created checks, direct debits, EFTs/ACH, wires, payment cards (P–Cards), and the Electronic Federal Taxes Payment System (EFTPS).
In Module Six the topic is fraud prevention including payment fraud and Business Email Compromise (BEC).
In Module Seven you will learn about non-resident alien tax compliance.
Continued after outline and schedule…
Accounts Payable Training Course Outline
Module One: Management of Accounts Payable (A/P)
- The Big Picture
- Payment Systems Best Practices
- Policies and Procedures Manual
Module Two: Master Vendor File
Module Three: AP Processes
Module Four: Payments
- Independent Contractors
- Forms 1099 and 1096
- Back-up Withholding
- Duplicate Payments
Module Five: Payment Methods
- Payment Cards (P-Cards)
Module Six: Fraud Prevention
Module Seven: Travel and Entertainment
Module Eight: Regulatory Compliance
- W-9 and W-8
- Escheat (Unclaimed Property)
- Sales and Use Tax
- Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Module Nine: Technology
Accounts Payable Training Course Public Class and Webinar Schedule
- Monday and Tuesday, March 6 – 7, 2023 Full
- Monday and Tuesday, April 3 – 4, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, May 8 – 9, 2023 Full
- Monday and Tuesday, June 5 – 6, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, July 10 -11, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, August 7 – 8, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, September 11 – 12, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, October 2 – 3, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, November 6 – 7, 2023
- Monday and Tuesday, December 4- 5, 2023
Scheduled dates don’t work for you? Schedule your own start date (subject to availability). Contact customer service to check date availability at info@academyofbusiness
Accounts Payable Training Course CPE Credits Disclosure
Recommended CPE credit: 16
Recommended field of study: Financial Accounting
Program level: Intermediate.
Advance preparation: None
Additional disclosure information
Continued from above…
In Module Eight, you will learn best practices for travel and entertainment expenses.
In Module Nine we discuss regulatory compliance to include W-9s and W-8s, escheat (unclaimed property), sales and use tax, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
To complete this Accounts Payable Course you will learn about customer service in Module Eleven for both internal customers and vendors.
One of the goals of Accounts Payable Training is to make your accounts payable department a totally paperless operation.